Hartbeespoort, informally also known as "Harties", is a small resort town in the North West Province of South Africa, situated on slopes of the Magaliesberg mountain and the banks of the Hartbeespoort Dam.
The town consists of holiday homes around the dam as it is popular with visitors from nearby Gauteng Province.
Some of the main tourist attractions in or around the town are:
- The Hartbeespoort Dam wall and tunnel
- The Hartbeespoort Dam Snake Park
- The Hartbeespoort Dam Aquarium
- Hartbeespoort Aerial Cableway (the longest monocableway in Africa)
- Transvaal Yacht Club
- Oberon Leisure Resort
- Welwitchia Country Market
- Bush Babies Monkey Sanctuary
Other leisure-oriented venues around the dam include:
- Pecanwood Golf Estate
- Hartbeespoort Boat Club (near Kosmos)
- Sandy Lane Golf Club (at Caribbean Beach Club)
- Kosmos Marina Club
- Magalies Park (estate and golf club)
A number of other leisure developments and resorts are in progress.